Translate

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Riddles (ridlle-me-rees)

Riddles


I recently have been reading riddles so here are some, and somethings about them:

Things


Time honoured way of challenging a riddler to a (riddle) battle: riddle-me-riddle-me-ree!.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Riddles

  1. 'What goes round and round the wood but never goes in it?'
  2. 'It stands on one leg with its heart in its head, what is it?' 
  3. 'What are you able to keep after giving it to someone else?'
  4. 'I have a little house I live in it alone. It has no doors or windows and to go out I must break the wall.'
  5. 'Why was six afraid of seven.'
  6. 'What do sea monsters eat?'
  7. 'What do you call a fish without an eye?'
  8. 'What has four legs in the morning, two at noon and three in the afternoon?'
  9. 'It is in a rock but not in a stone, it is in marrow but not in a bone. It is in a bolster but not in a bed, it is not living, nor is it dead. What is it?
____________________________________________________________________________

Answers
1. 'Bark.'
2. 'Cabbage.'
3. 'Your word.'
4. 'Egg.'
5. 'Because seven eight nine.'
6. 'Fish & ships'
7. 'A fsh'
8. 'Man/human who crawl on hands and knees when babies, legs when adults, and when old with walking sticks.'
9. The letter 'R'.








No comments:

Post a Comment