Translate

Monday 19 December 2011

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

Sometimes the book is very sad but I am happy that the end is happy. A few people die in it and horses die in it but you don't really feel sorry for them. I am sad about how they treat horses and just the person who wrote the foreword said, from now on after you've read the book, and you see a house at the top of a hill, you might imagine how the horses had to carry heavy bricks to the top of the hill. And maybe they weren't driven very well.


The part I liked most in the book was when Black Beauty had to drive his master to the doctors because his mistress was ill and he saved her life. I also liked another part from one of the people died but I won't go into detail about that. The other part that I liked was when Black Beauty senses that the bridge is broken and doesn't go any further in the dark.


One of my favourite characters in the book is a horse called Merry Legs. He was so cheerful and happy. I also liked one of Black Beauty's masters called Jerry because he was very kind to horses.


I think Anna Sewell was very honest about how they treated horses. She told the truth about how badly horses were treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment